Sonntag, 6. Juli 2014

Friendships and why they are so important

Friends...we all have them and we all need them. You go to movies with them or a concert or for a cocktail.
And the best of your friends you even can call at night and they will listen to what you have to say when your world just broke down once again.

Friends are important no matter if you are at the age of four or forty. And it also does not matter if you knew this friend back in elementary school or just for a few months. Friendship is friendship but it does not grow alone. It is also important to work on that friendship and to put an input in it.
A saying goes that you can´t chose your family but you can decide who you want to have as a friend. And that is correct. Nowadays it looks more and more that we have friends for every special part of your life.
You have that friend that will honestly tell you that your booty looks big in that skirt and than you have the friend that likes the same movies that you do.

I for example have my Dani and she is the only one who understands my passion for Korean pop music and TV-shows, especially Rain my favourite korean singer. Nobody else understands this as good as her and she shares the same interest although lately she likes Taiwanese pop music more and spends her holiday every year in Taiwan. This year so far I had almost no time to see her and at the moment she is in Taiwan again but I know that she is still one of my best friends. And with whom else can I fly to Berlin when Rain is there to act in a movie again, hmmm. I know that one day she might probably move to Taiwan as she loves this place so much and that is OK. I even wish that she will do so one day because friends you only wish what is best for them. And to see it also from my side it is cool if I go there on holiday one time I have a place where I can stay for free.

Photo from: freedigitalphotos.net, Artist: stockimages
With friends you share special moments like the usual Starbucks hangout before Hip-Hop class or going to a hotel asking if a Jung Ji-hoon checked in there (lol). Friends who go with you through thick and thin are very special and must be appriciated. But sometimes you also lose some friends over the years. This is normal because our interests change and we go to different directions in life. I had a good friend when I still lived on the countryside. Almost every Saturday morning we met for breakfast and went shopping together. But since I moved to Vienna I found it hard to stay in contact. Of course I drove out to the village to see her from time to time but she never came to see my new place in Vienna and she never called me on her own to just say hi.  So this is why our friendship is not really there anymore. One time I saw her at the train station we talked but this "buddy feeling" was not there anymore. For me this was a very sad moment.

Luckily we have new friends coming into our life as well. As I quit my working place and took on another job I found out that a former workmate became a good friend to me also. I even managed to talk her into helping me out when I needed a shopping companionship for the German TV-show "Shopping Queen". She really joined me for this TV program and I am so thankful for that. In return I joined her team for a competition and will do so again coming Saturday. And of course not to forget our famous cocktail tours, I just love Mojitos but now I know that I should never drink more than 3 of them.

With friends you share your interest, which you do not always with your family members as they just might have other interest. With friends you also discover new things our find out that you have more in common than you thought. For example me and my Alex....first we started as cosmetician and customer. But with time she became a friend. We also don´t meet so often except of course when I go for cosmetic treatment (4 my luxus in 22nd district of Vienna). But whenever we meet we have a great talk about any topic from the TV-shows she likes or I like to how important it is to stay positive. It is not important how often you meet your friends but how much you know you can rely on them. When it comes to Alex I am a 100 percent sure that if I knock on her door with a problem she will ask me in no matter what time and try to make me smile again. That is what I call a real great friend. Friendships like this give you encoureagement, appreciation and assistance.

Studies found out that friendships are also good for the body and soul. An Australian study found out that people who are surroundes by good friends live longer. The positive impact of relatives or the childrend was not as high as the impact of good friends. Wow, one more reason to appreciate them.

So today I actually just write to say thank you to all my good friends out there and I really appreciate you.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen