Dienstag, 8. Juli 2014

Shoes....how many do we need of them....

Well Ladies, today I want to talk about a hot topic. How many shoes do we need, or how many do we have?

I am pretty sure that we all have more shoes that we actually need. This is a fact or let´s say 90 % of all woman have more shoes than they need. And I am no exception, definately not. I have 4 pairs of sports shoes....yes four, I mean I need my running shoes, my fancy looking pink and black Nike Air shoes, my black sport shoes and my martial arts sport shoes.....well OK I also ordered another pair of sport shoes today but it did not arrive yet so I don´t have to count this one already, right?

 
Picture from: freedigitalpictures.net; Artist: by sattva
If you type in shoe collection on Youtube you get 411.000,- results. That is impressive. But what is it with us and shoes? Why do we love them so much?? The average woman has about 10 pair of shoes said a study in the year 2010. I really doubt that, must be more. I mean only 14 pairs of shoes, this study already includes sport shoes, and winter shoes......way to less.

Really I mean, I don´t think that I am over the average when it comes to shoes (well except sport shoes perhaps) but 10 pair of shoes sounds less to me.

Let´s face it, what shoes do we need:
                
                                                       1 pair of sport shoes (at least if not one more for running)
                                                       1 pair of ballerinas for summer
                                                       1 pair of house shoes
                                                       1 pair of winter boots warm ones
                                                       1 pair of winter shoes fancy ones
                                                       1 pair of ankle boots
                                                       1 pair of sandals for summer or flip flops
                                                       1 pair of high heels, well actually 2 or 3 pair of high heels in
                                                         different colours
                                                         

OK if we would stop counting and buying here 14 would be enough. But the problem is that we need all of these shoes also in different colours of course or different type of shoes, like Cowboy boots that fit only to one special jeans. But we love this jean so we need that Cowboy boots to make the look complete.
And also we can not wear those black high heels to this nice yellow summer dress, it just would not look good. So we need other high heels that match the dress.

Our problem is simply that we want to look great. So what, it is not bad to try to look our best, or? I admit that we should not cross a special limit of shoes or special amount that we spend on shoes but 14 pairs of shoes is a line that I can cross easily....alone my sport shoes make almost a third of this.

We simply love shoes that match our outfit. And we love creating new outfits. I remeber that I bought a trouser and later found a great matching shirt. But somehow all the shoes did not match, til I found light brown looking boots. This match was a great outfit for fall. First when I saw the shoes in the shop I really tried to resist, although I knew that this would be the perfect match for my still unfinished look. I did not buy them on the first day when I saw them on a Friday afternoon. But I can tell you after sleeping over it and looking at my unfinished outfit at home I was the first customer in the shop on the next day. Not even looking around for other shoes just getting this pair in my size and as fast as possible. I still have these shoes, love this shoes and enjoy every day in autum where I wear this outfit. Well as soon as I found a matching bag as my old bag for this outfit got broken last fall. Yeah no need to say now that we also love bags.

A good friend of mine, who has a great sense of style loves it when the bag is matching her shoes. I must admit I like that too. Dressing the way you like is a great way of expressing your personality and how you feel. This is what makes us buy so many shoes, cause we need to express with our look how we feel. And we have more than 3 moods for summer, 3 for fall, 3 for winter and 3 for spring. We have way more. On days we feel ready for adventure, or we are in a romantic mood, or we feel a bit sad, ready to take on a fight or we need to put on our best business look to impress the new boss. We woman really feel that we need to look our best. Or most of us feel like this.

Sometimes I think that we also overdo it, or to say that some woman don´t want us to see how they really feel or in what situation they really are by dressing up extraordinarily pretty. Years ago I read in a magazine about people who feel like they need to impress others by how they look. They spend all their money on expensive clothes and shoes. Really all, they had no money for rent or they were living in a rented room because they could not affort renting a whole flat. They just wanted to impress others with their outfit and not letting anybody see, how they really feel inside and how their real situation is.

This made me feel very sad. There should be a limit, I mean buying what I can´t afford or spending almost all my money on clothes or shoes is too much. I admit that I have more than 14 pairs of shoes but I know how to keep my balance.



                                                       


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen