Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014

Wellness....or what you see ain´t always what you get

Hello again,

today I want to talk about one of the top trends of the last years WELLNESS.

When somebody offers a wellness-holiday there are actually no minimum requirements that need to be fulfilled. It is actually already enough to offer a healthy breakfast and have a sauna in the house to make commercial for it using the word wellness. And as wellness is still booming we have to get more careful about what offers we take. Also a lot of these small pensions try to make more money by using the word wellness, so they offer their healthy breakfast and have a sauna inside and it is already wellness. Ain´t that cute.

What we get ain´t always what we saw on the ad! And most of the times it is less than we expected!

Very often for example the offer also includes a fitness room and on the picture you see happy people training in a big nice and well equipped fitness room. So what do you see when you get there....very often a very small and very bad equipped fitness room and of course no happy people.That is because they bought the picture that they use for advertising. That means that they use a fake picture to make you feel like you want to spend your time there.

But it is even worse when it comes to beauty treatments in wellness offers. This concerns even the big wellness hotels and spas. They offer all kind of treatments that are like they say a must try out, you will get a fresh and beautiful looking skin. The reality is that those cosmetician are very often not well trained or not up to date. They are freelancers who use the reputation of the spa and therefore also charge you a higher price. It is almost normal nowadays that beauty treatments in a wellness hotel cost almost double price than at the local cosmetician. Why that?

I always go to my cosmetician in the 22nd district of Vienna (4myLuxus) even though I drive with car at least 30 minutes to get there. Yes, I know that there would be definately some cosmetician closer but I trust my Alex. I know that she is always up to date, she does not offer me a treatment just because it is IN at the moment. She offers what my skin needs most at the moment and her prices are very reasonable. When you hear her speaking about her job you know that she loves what she is doing. Lately she even started blogging herself about skincare. She also offers her customers a free service by informing them about the ingredients of the beauty products they bought somewhere. I was shocked when she told me what is in my cleanser (no I don´t use this product anymore).

So I don´t see any reason to get to a bad trained cosmetician at the spa where I pay a horrible price and maybe don´t even see a result. Let´s be honest most of them are not even interested in our skin. They only see us as their income. OK yes in one way we are, but although we are only walk-in customers because we are on our holiday, they should still pay interest in what our skin needs at the moment! I think I don´t need to mention that the situation with the massage offers are not much better.

So what I mean is take a close look at the offers and check the reviews. Don´t get trapped by great sounding wellness offers, OK. Oh and if you live in Vienna and look for a great cosmetician go to 4myLuxus.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen